Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Which outfit for Molly?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member mom_to_an_americangirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2003
    Posts
    248
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Route 66 dress and a pair of craft store pajamas. Michaels has red and white candy striped ones.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Pat B's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 10th, 2002
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Perhaps if you told the mother about the books she would realize that the Historical AGs have educational value.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Amy Pavlic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2005
    Posts
    92
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't think her mother is trying to get us to buy things for her daughter, she just isn't "into it". I have known her for a while and her priorities are just different from mine. Not better or worse, just different. DD is happy to spend her money on her best friend, and she will be rewarded for her kindness when we go to AGP.

    DD said her friend likes both the Victory Garden and Route 66 dresses, so I will let DD pick which one when we order.

    Thanks Lorie for the pajama info at Michaels, DD could get those with her money, (probably less $) and then we can order her one of the dresses.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Ds9jullian's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Actually to me this mother sounds like the type of person who didn't really want a daughter for anything more than show. This mother gives her daughter video games so that she doesn't have to put any work in which if I am correctly is going to cause some serious issues when the girl becomes a teenager. Actually I believe that she is doing her daughter a disservice by not allowing her to use her imagination. Imagination is what makes us each unique, play has actually been shown to increase a child's abilty to learn.


    I don't want to tell this mother how to mother but there are some serious issues in this case.

    Ashley

  5. #5
    Inactive Member sailorangel59's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    281
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am going to speak from my mothers perspective, since I am not a mother, and she (my mother) has expressed a lot of concern in certain areas of education. My mother would sooner spend $100.00 dollars on one doll and accessory, then she would for two video games. My mother fears that with No child left behind certain things are being removed from our education system (especially history). I was the only one in my Freshman class of high school to know what war gained us our liberty (thanks to Felicity). My mother would have a lot to say to this mother about her priorities with her daughter and the importance of a good education in comparison to video games.

    Granted I own all three video game systems (Xbox, PS2, and Gamecube) and games for each. But I paid for all of those myself. There are educational video games out there, but they cannot compare to the things you learn from the American Girls.

    As for outfits, I would say the Victory Garden, just because I think it may retire sooner then the Dude Ranch outfit... but then again this girl is not going to collecting they way most of us do.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ May 25, 2005 03:19 PM: Message edited by: sailorangel59 ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Angry

    Well, I will refrain from commenting on anyone's mothering skills, but dress-wise, I honestly wouldn't get her any of Molly's dresses (def get the PJs though!) If she's only going to have one outfit other than her meet outfit, I would get her something like Kit's school outfit because it comes with shoes as well. None of Molly's outfits come with the number of accessories that Kit's school outfit does, and it's not as if she's going to ask if it's totally historically accurate. I think you should get an outfit with the greatest possible number of parts, so that just possibly, this girl can mix and match to get an extra outfit or two. Just my thoughts!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member AGMommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2004
    Posts
    205
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We have the Victory Garden dress, and it is so pretty. That would be my pick.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member kitti515's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think your DD should pick the dress, but I just wanted to say that it's so sweet that your daughter is willing to give up her own money to make her friend happy. I'm sure there are many children who wouldn't be so selfless. You've done a great job raising her. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    - Becca

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Amy Pavlic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2005
    Posts
    92
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My 8yo DD's best friend has wanted a Molly doll for a long time now. Molly would be her first AG doll and she asked for her for her last birthday and Christmas but didn't get her. Her Mom has called me very annoyed that we (meaning DD and myself) have gotten her DD into this "whole expensive American Girl stuff". Now is X is not a deprived child, she has a Gamecube and whenever a new game she wants comes out, her mom goes and gets it for her. I gently tried to tell her Mom that for the price of 2 of those new games she could have a AG doll and accessories, she said she buys her all the games because "it keeps her busy and out of my hair." (DD's best friends house is always immaculate)LOL. Anyway her Mom has relented and decided to buy her Molly for her birthday in June, but told her she could only have the doll and nothing else if that is what she wanted.

    DD is all concerned that poor Molly won't have anything to wear and has asked that we order something for Molly for best friends birthday. She wants to get her pajamas because "she can't sleep in her clothes!" and wants to buy her one other outfit. I told her that is a lot of money to spend on a friends birthday present and she has offered to pay for one of the outfits with some of her money she has saved for our first trip to AGP in July. Which one would you all choose?

    I sure wish I would have known that her Mom was going to give in when the CODE was around!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Kathy Henning's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 4th, 2003
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Amy,
    Your daughter is right about the PJ's. The girl has to sleep. I would get her one of the more summer type outfits since Molly's meet outfit is very warm for the summer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •